Smokey eye gives that sexy, flirty look that calls for attention, hence, it is dearly loved by every lady. Smokey eye could be as easy as it is to say “jack” if the right products, tools and know how are on the ground. That is why we will share some knock em dead tips to achieve the beautiful smokey eye you always want.
1. Start your makeup with your eyes: To save time and frustration that you may experience when applying your eye makeup after the face makeup is done, you should consider doing your eye first. So the first step and tip are to give your eyes your absolute concentration first, after which you will go to the face.
2. Get a primer: You may have noticed that we always suggest using a primer before applying any eyeshadow, this same rule is more particularly applicable to a smokey eye makeup. The smokey eye needs a lot of blending, and the best bet is the primer’s advantage of smoothness and an even base. You will also avoid creasing and fading with the use of a primer.
3. Good color selection: Make sure that you get a nice color collection in the same color family. A smokey eye doesn’t always have to be black. It could be teal or silver, it all depend on your preference. Since the idea of the smokey eye is a color gradient, it becomes necessary to have color varieties and shades to work out the gradient. Take, for instance; a black smokey will require a dark black, the light shade, some gray shades, and silver or white shadow.
4. Keep your eyeliner close enough: Eyeliners are critical for a smokey eye. Pencil liner type is best for this. With the liner, the top lashline, bottom lashline and waterline will be lines. The lines will also blend into the shadow so having a perfect line is not necessary.
5. Quality makeup brushes: You will find that you are investing in some quality brush quite rewarding here. For a perfect smokey eye, you will need a flat shader brush for application of eyeshadow to your lid. You will also need a mid-size brush for the crease, and a pencil brush is also required for tear ducts and the lashline. Finally, you will need a fluffy one for application of highlight and for blending. For best result, buy quality brands.
6. Blend them smooth: With the fluffy brush, blend out any harsh line that may still be standing out. For the crease, circular motions are best at smoking it out.
7. Browbone job: You will need a shadow that is a little lighter than your tone for your Browbone. Again, with the fluffy brush, apply the shadow on your Browbone.
8. Highlight color: Just a dot of this at the middle of Browbone will be blended out to the end of the brow, the upper part of tear duct and some under the tear duct. Because the smokey eye makeup is a heavy one, the highlight will brighten the eye.
9. Load up on lashes: use mascara on top lashes and a little waterproof mascara for bottom lashes. Flare and strip lashes alike, they are all about making the smokey eye more traumatic.
10. Do justice to the face: For a smokey eye look, a natural lip color, some bronzer on a medium coverage foundation works perfectly.